Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Homeward bound

The end of my time in Jambi is now definite and coming quickly.  I recently purchased a return ticket back to the US, giving me two weeks to wrap up my work in Jambi and three months to enjoy life at home and see dearly missed friends and family.  I have also confirmed a volunteer position at a human rights/democracy building NGO in Jakarta to begin next fall.  So it's true, I am coming back for more and am really looking forward to another year where I can really hone down my language skills and learn more about the growing civil society and community development efforts in Indonesia.  For now though I am day dreaming about sandwiches, fresh air, and especially the nine hour layover I will have in Tokyo to go get some sushi and revisit the country I spent a year studying in.

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying your posts Jenny, and hope you'll continue into your next role. Are you able to tell us anything about what you'll be doing in Jakarta? I can't imagine a bigger change of pace after Jambi. Albeit with compensations - the brown rice and olive oil being just a few. My partner, who has recently moved to Jakarta, tells me that she still can't find decent bread!

    ReplyDelete